- "The Filipino Wedding in Waialua, Hawaii: Ritual Retention and Ethnic Subculture in a New Setting" by Ruben R. Alcantara
- "On the Assimilation of Japanese Americans" by Joe R. Feagin and Nancy Fujitaki. A sociology essay that asks whether assimilation theory prevalent in American sociology applies to Japanese Americans.
- "Socialization Patterns Among the Chinese of Hawaii" by Nancy F. Young
- "Chinese-American Personality and Mental Health: A Reply to Tong's Criticisms" by Stanley and Derald Sue
- "Chinese-American Society" by Kenneth Abbott
- "Going to Church in Seoul, Korea" by Kichung Kim
- [Poem] by Buck Wong
- [Poem] by Bruce Iwasaki. Bruce Iwasaki has a substantial essay in literary criticism in Roots: An Asian American Reader