Amerasaia Journal 1.1 (1971)
- "New York Chinatown Today: Community in Crisis" by Rocky Chin. Reprinted in Roots: An Asian American Reader. Rocky Chin is a New York-based activist.
- "Yung Wing and the Americanization of China" by Bill Lann Lee
- "The Political and Economic Effects of Urban Renewal on Ethnic Communities: A Case Study of San Francisco's Japantown" by Sheridan Tatsuno
- Jade Snow Wong and the Fate of Chinese-American Identity by Lowell Chun-Hoon
- Interview with Warren Furutani, National Community Involvement Coordinator, the Japanese American Citizens League (Los Angeles, California). Warren Furutani, a long-time Los Angeles community activist, had a regular column in Gidra in 1971, "The Warren Report."
- "A Poem for the People" by Ray Lou
- "Desperation" by Paul Suarez, Jr.