- Interview with Roland Winters by Frank Chin. Roland Winters was a white American actor who played Charlie Chan in six films (from 1947 to 1949). Frank Chin is a California-based fiction writer who would go on to co-edit Aiiieeeee with Jeffrey Chan and others.
- "Japanese Resistance in America's Concentration Camps: A Re-Evaluation" by Gary Y. Okihiro. Gary Okihiro was a graduate student at UCLA at the time this article was published. He would go on to become an influential historian of Asian American life. Most salient to this essay might be Whispered Silences: Japanese Americans and World War II.
- "Curriculum Philosophy for Asian American Studies" by Asian Studies Division, University of California, Berkeley
- "China or Taiwan: The Political Crisis of the Chinese Intellectual" by Shu Yuan Chang
- "The Visual Panacea: Japanese Americans in the City of Smog" by Don Toshiaki Nakanishi
- Interview with Tommy Chun and Russel Valpariso
- "The Myth of 'Assimiliation in American Life'" by Paul Takagi
- "Confessions of a Misguided Sociologist" by George Kagiwada
- "A Picture of My Mother's Family" by Wing Tek Lum
- Suzi Wong
- Yuji Ichioka
- Lowell Chun-Hoon