Amerasia Journal 1.4 (February, 1972)
Issue contains an advertisement for Roots: An Asian American Reader.
Table of Contents:
- "The Filipino Wedding in Waialua, Hawaii: Ritual Retention and Ethnic Subculture in a New Setting" by Ruben R. Alcantara
- "On the Assimilation of Japanese Americans" by Joe R. Feagin and Nancy Fujitaki. A sociology essay that asks whether assimilation theory prevalent in American sociology applies to Japanese Americans.
- "Socialization Patterns Among the Chinese of Hawaii" by Nancy F. Young
- "Chinese-American Personality and Mental Health: A Reply to Tong's Criticisms" by Stanley and Derald Sue
- "Chinese-American Society" by Kenneth Abbott
- Book Review of The Challenge of the American Dream: the Chinese in the United States. by Francis L.K. Hsu. Professor Francis Hsu taught Anthropology at Northwestern University. He was also on the Board of Advisors for Amerasia Journal at the time this review was printed. Review by Buck Wong.
- Book Review of Executive Order 9066, edited by Maisie and Richard Conrat. Review by Lowell Chun-Hoon.
- Book Review of A Child in Prison Camp. By Shizuye Takashima. Book review by Bruce Iwasaki.
- "Going to Church in Seoul, Korea" by Kichung Kim. A poem questioning the centrality of Christianity to modern Korean life. An excerpt:
"What people are these, reverencing shepherds and painted crosses
On grounds where shamans once danced barefoot over burning cinders,
Celebrating the coupling of a heavenly prince with a bear turned
a virgin bride?"