- Moratorium Day. By Alan Ota. Coverage of an anti-war protest at Cal State Long Beach, October 15, 1969.
- Midnight Cowboy: A True Episode. By John. Personal essay describing an encounter with a destitute Japanese American.
- Laura: Political Persecution. By Suzi Wong and Colin Watanabe. Coverage of the arrest and trial of Laura Ho, a UCLA student (and former editor of Gidra), who had been arrested for writing a list of student demands on the wall of the UCLA Chancellor's office.
- Pioneer Center Opens in Little Tokyo. By Jim Matsuoka
- Little Tokyo by Yuki. Coverage of redevelopment plans for Los Angeles' Little Tokyo
- The High Cost of Saving Face the American Way. By Isao Fujimoto. Text of a talk given by the author at UC Davis on Moratorium Day. Opposition to the Vietnam War.
- Nisei: the Traumatized American. By Mrs. Mary Tani. Follow-up from an earlier issue; continuing coverage of Bill Hosokawa's book Nisei: the Quiet American. Mary Tani remains concerned with the adjective "quiet." She compares Hosokawa's ethos to members of the community who initially urged Thomas Noguchi to resign quietly rather than fight the charges against him.
- "No Haven, Connecticut." by Glenn Omatsu. Account from an Asian American student at Yale on the Asian American scene there. Mentions a course to be taught at Yale on Asian American studies, taught by Chitoshi Yanaga, with help from Don Nakanishi (a junior at Yale -- who would go on to be a co-founder and publisher of Amerasia Journal at Yale in 1971).
- "A Note to Black Nationalists." by Arthur Frazier. An article originally published in Nommo, the news-magazine of the Black Students' Union at UCLA. Published as part of an agreement to exchange a series of articles between the two magazines. (Originally published in Nommo, December 4, 1968)
- "Eastern Movement: Letter to the Editor" by Don Nakanishi. A letter to the editor from a student at Yale, describing Asian American student activism on the east coast. Mentions Asian Americans for Action (NYU), AAPA at Columbia, and AAPA at Yale. Don Nakanishi would go on to co-found Amerasia Journal.
- Hues by Leora Wong, UCLA
This page has paths:
This page has tags:
This page references:
- Gidra 1.8 Little Tokyo Graphic